Morning rugrats! Whew! I finished all eight aprons right on time for my big fairy-tale apron event on Saturday. Literally. On time. In fact, there just MIGHT have been an early wakeup call (3:30 a.m.) and a four hour car ride through the dark north woods that involved me sewing on buttons with a flashlight tucked into the seatbelt so I could see… but it was done.
And for all you guessers… you rock! The aprons were for Happy Apple Day, a yearly event with my family and another family during which we make 3 bushels of apples into apple pies. This year was our 29th year of pie-making, and the first year the mothers (mine and the other co-apple-pie-making-wrangler, Fran) handed off the planning to the “girls” (me, Karen, Jenny and relatively new-to-the-show-through-marriage, Dez.) I thought it would be fun for us to all have aprons that matched – you know, the GOOD aprons with the cinched waist and flared skirt and bodice shaping rather than the unfortuante butcher-type aprons. I even made two little matching pinafores for the two little girls (ages 2 and 3.) The pinafores were beyond adorable!
I, of course, went with the not-very-practical black with white polka dots rather than the hides-everything gingham. Silly me.
In any case, this has been a crazy month, and I’m OFFICIALLY taking off this week from blogging. I am completely aware that I have taken most of the MONTH off from blogging, but that was actually unintentional, resulting in a daily sense of “I have something to do!!” This week I’m going to to not post on purpose. Hopefully salvage what’s left of the tomato plants before it actually freezes, get ahead on some projects so I have something to blog about when I get back, write a promised guest post for the most awesome fashion blogger I know and do some plotting for The Snug Bug that I think you will all like. How’s that for mysterious? In the meantime, here’s October in review. So far.
- Ran two marathons. Won $450 dollars (I get to claim that, even though it was really Mr. Bug, right?)
- Made 52 pies. Ate one. Delivered five to church-friends up north. Complete with silly delivery song.
- Made eight aprons, two pinafores. Included sewing on 27 buttons. In the car. In the dark.
- Started baking bread. Made four loaves. All perfect. Much bread gobbling. Related note, re-read the South Beach Diet…
- Finished one green cardigan. Gave it away.
- Finished one cheap white sweater. Auditioned for soap opera part. Didn’t get it.
- Finished one a-line skirt. Silk and rayon. Loved it.
- Conceived and released new line of ’Team Deuhs’ t shirts.
- Restyled one hot pink tutu for disappointed hound dog.
- Got an iPhone.
- Drove all online acquaintances crazy with oversharing via instagram. See previous bullet point.
- Made 5 quarts of pickles, one jar of dubious sauerkraut, 6 quarts of raspberry jam.
- Weekend visit with mom. Forced her to work in my sewing shop.
- Got a library card.
See you next week! In the meantime… is anyone making Halloween costumes? If yes, tell me in the comments. Double gold stars for links to pictures. Triple gold stars if the costume is a hound dog costume…